Dr. Norris has two little boys. She understands how much thought, time, energy, and money you invest in giving your children a happy, healthy life.
And as if that weren’t challenging enough already, you’re probably getting mixed signals from your conventional pediatrician vs. Facebook vs. parenting bloggers vs. your well-meaning best friend.
You are the expert on your child(ren). Dr. Norris’ job is to help you see past all the BS out there and determine the most effective, least invasive treatment options available.
The most common issue we see in our pediatric practice are:
- Establishing primary care
- Skin conditions (eczema, acne, dermatitis)
- Gastrointestinal issues (acid reflux, diarrhea, constipation, etc.)
- Frequent colds and/or ear infections (immunity)
- Food sensitivity & elimination diets
- Behavioral, cognitive & mood concerns (ADHD, depression, learning differences)
- Respiratory concerns (asthma, allergies)
- Alternative vaccination schedules (keep reading!)
Parents who are already established with other pediatricians also see Dr. Norris as a first line of defense for sick visits (ear pain, sinus infection, cough, allergies).
In addition to recommending natural options, she can prescribe antibiotics, inhalers, or another prescription (if she believes that it’s the best treatment option).
Not sure if Dr. Norris can help? Contact us with your questions!
NATUROPATHIC PEDIATRIC CARE: HOW IT WORKS
Newborns & Infants
Assuming your child was healthy at birth, we like to see them within the first week of life, typically 3 days after your last midwife appointment, or 3 days after you are released from the hospital.
If you completed a home birth and need a letter from a doctor for vital records, you must schedule a visit before your child is one month old.
During the first 3 years of life, Well Child Exams are recommended at the following intervals:
- 2 weeks
- 1 month
- 2 months
- 4 months
- 6 months
- 9 months
- 12 months
- 15 months
- 18 months
- 24 months
- 30 months (2½ years)
- 36 months (3 years)
Well Child Visits
Annual Well Child visits are recommended for all children ages 3 and above.
These visits include a comprehensive physical exam (listening to the heart & lungs, palpating the organs, checking reflexes, performing a basic eye exam, etc.).
We will also check a range of developmental milestones, and discuss issues relating to sleep, nutrition, and lifestyle.
Most states require children to receive certain vaccinations as a condition for attending school. California additionally requires that these vaccines be administered according to a state-mandated schedule.
Most conventional pediatric practices take a black-and-white, all-or-nothing approach to vaccination schedules—the state-mandated way, or find a new doctor.
This is one of the most common reasons parents seek out a naturopathic pediatrician: their willingness to discuss (and administer) alternative vaccination schedules.
Dr. Norris will talk through all of the options with you, including the pros and cons of each vaccine, and help you make the best decision for your child.
A few things you need to know…
- Dr. Norris will administer all the vaccines herself.
- Vaccinations are scheduled for 15 minutes (either added on to a Well Child Exam, or as a standalone), and range in price depending on the vaccine.
- Dr. Norris cannot provide written exemption for vaccines that are mandated by the State of California.
- She CAN, however, provide information and recommendations around alternative schedules, along with a written notice informing the school of your plans.
To read more about vaccination schedules, click here.
To schedule an appointment, call or email us here.